Saturday, August 12, 2006

Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies

These cookies are based off of one of Paula Deen’s recipes. I think she calls them Magic Peanut Butter Cookies or something like that. Anyway, I was at home while a sheetrock repair was being done and I got bored while waiting, so I thought I’d try making them. Nothing is quite as boring as waiting someone to finish something you have no control over - take my word for that.

Turns out I was a little short on peanut butter (I probably had 3/4’s of a cup) so I added in some peanut butter chips I had left over from another batch of cookies. I was afraid they wouldn’t turn out but they did, and they came out tasting quite a bit like peanut butter fudge, thanks to the chips. I fudged on the name a little. Hopefully Paula won’t care.

These are the simplest cookies I’ve ever made. They would be perfect to make with children because you don’t even need to get your hand mixer dirty. I’ll definitely make them again, except with the correct amount of peanut butter. Add yourself a drizzle of melted chocolate and then you’ll have a batch of peanut butter chocolate fudge cookies.

Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you don’t have parchment paper you’ll need to grease your cookie sheet.

Mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg with a spoon until well blended and then stir in the peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded spoonfulls on the cookie sheet 1 and 1/2 inches apart or so and press any mounds down lightly. Bake for 12 minutes, cool for one minute then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container.

This should make approximately 18 cookies. How easy was that?

No comments: