Saturday, August 12, 2006

Jalapeno Pie

I made two of these this past weekend for an early family get-together so if I was more on the ball I could have taken pictures. Since I’m not, oh well.

Jalapeno Pie

Pickled jalapeno slices - enough to line the bottom of a glass pie pan
6 eggs, beaten
5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of your pie pan in a single layer of jalapeno slices. Mound cheddar over jalapeno slices. Pour eggs over cheese as evenly as possible and bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.

Serve by cooling slightly and cutting into squares. Even people who don’t like hot stuff usually like this simple appetizer because the peppers can be picked off of the bottom which removes the heat but keeps the flavor.

Why people don’t like hot stuff is beyond me, however, but hey, do what you want.

No comments: